About the Arts Center Program/Course Registration Hours Studios Programs Rentals
Sertoma Arts Center has resumed normal operating hours with a reduced capacity. To adhere to reduced capacity requirements, studio use will require a reservation. Programs will run as scheduled and building entrance priority will be given to students attending class and pre-registered studio users. For assistance or questions, call ahead at 919-996-2329.
Know Before You Go
Sertoma Arts Center will be following additional safety precautions to ensure everyone has an exceptional experience. Please review the following information to learn more about what we’re doing to maintain a healthy environment and what you need to know before you register for one of our programs.
Additional Safety Measures
- Increased cleaning of studio tables and chairs, restrooms, high-touch areas like door handles and shared equipment.
- Scheduled breaks between programs and studio use will allow for staff to clean and sanitize.
- Reminders to cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing.
- Reminders to wash hands with soap and water upon arrival and frequently while participating in a program.
- Guests and staff will be required to complete wellness screenings before entry into Sertoma Arts Center. A participant or employee that does not clear the screening will not be allowed to enter the building.
- Staff members will wear cloth face coverings when unable to maintain at least six feet distance.
Please note that these protocols may change based on the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines as well as guidance from federal, state, and local public health agencies.
Before You Arrive
- Please stay home if you are sick.
- Facemasks are required to participate in our programs per the Governor’s mask mandate.
- All facilities will have reduced capacity to accommodate social distancing.
- Equipment, tables, and chairs will be sanitized before your program begins.
- Reserve your space for one of our programs online at reclink.raleighnc.gov.
Reservations for Pottery Open Studio Members
- Pottery open studio usage will be limited to 2-hour sessions with specific start times to allow for additional cleaning.
- Reserve your space online ahead of time.
- To serve as many studio members as possible, each member is limited to five open studio registration per week, Monday through Sunday. This amount may increase if time slots remain unused.
- Of the five open studio registrations, each member is limited to one glaze time slot registration per week.
- Membership will be verified at check-in. Only qualified members with an active studio membership may access the studio.
- If a member registers for more than five open studio times within the week, Monday through Sunday, the first five times will remain and all others for the rest of the week will be canceled. Staff will verify registrations before studio use.
- Of these five open studio times, if a member registers for more than one glaze time slot, the first time will remain and all other glaze registrations for the rest of the week will be canceled. Staff will verify registrations before studio use.
When You Arrive
- Wellness checks are required before admission. During the screening, you will be asked a few short questions and a temperature check will be performed using a touchless thermometer. If you or anyone in your household does not clear the screening, no one in the group will be allowed to enter.
- To keep the schedule running on time for classes and open studio, please arrive up to 10 minutes early for your scheduled studio time and 15 minutes early for your class.
ADA Accommodation Requests
Participants requesting ADA accommodations to participate in a program should do so at the time of registration by selecting “yes” to ADA accommodations, or at any time by contacting Inclusion Services at 919-996-2147 or via email at SRIS@raleighnc.gov. Participants may disclose a specific disability and/or medical information at the time of registration to assist program staff in best meeting the needs of the participant. Due to operational guidelines and safety measures outlined above, as related to COVID-19, Raleigh Parks may not be able to offer specific accommodations and supports to assist participants in meeting the eligibility requirements. Accommodations or supports provided will be done so during the recreation program components only. Please contact Inclusion Services directly to discuss your participant’s support needs and the available accommodations under our current operational guidelines.