Water and Sewer Service Connections

Water and Sewer Service Permitting for Raleigh and Merger Communities

Permit payments for Merger Communities: Customers will be able to pay for utility connection and stub permits in Merger Communities on our Permit and Development Portal starting December 1.

The City of Raleigh provides water and sewer services in Raleigh, Garner, Knightdale, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Wendell, and Zebulon. The services are a part of any project that requires a connection to the City of Raleigh’s Water and Sewer System

The permitting process described hereby applies to the installation of water and sewer services for new and existing homes, and irrigation services in Raleigh and the Merger Communities.

If your project involves subdivision or site plan approval, or extension of water and sewer mains, additional requirements will apply.

Before You Apply
City of Raleigh Connection Process
Merger Town Connection Process
Irrigation Connection Process
Paying For Permits
Pay Permits/ Schedule Inspections Over Portal




For further questions about the water/sewer connections process related to land development:
Raleigh Water Development Review Team


Lead Department:
Service Categories:
Water and Sewer Development Review