What We’re Looking At Current Regulations Do you Experience Flooding? The Process Meeting Resources
We are looking at options to improve the City’s floodplain regulations. These changes will reduce impacts and safety concerns in Raleigh, particularly for floodprone areas near streams and creeks that are expected to flood during large rain storms.
What We’re Looking At
- What can be built in the floodplain;
- How we can improve buildings that are in the floodplain and are not built to current flood regulations;
- Access to structures when it floods; and,
- Flood study requirements.
The stakeholder group helped us review potential changes and exemptions to floodprone regulations.
Current floodplain regulations are in the Unified Development Ordinance - Section 9.3.
Do you Experience Flooding?
Once stakeholder recommendations are made, they will go to:
- Stormwater Management Advisory Commission
- Raleigh City Council (if approved by the Commission)
- Ordinance change process, including public hearings (if approved by Council)
Stakeholders met from April to September 2019. See agendas, minutes, and other resources from each meeting.