Outdoor Courts Indoor Open Play
Pickleball is a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong. Pickleball can be played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court using a slightly modified tennis net. It is played as doubles or singles with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes. The sport has many physical and social benefits.
These courts are open from dusk until 10 p.m. with lighting on a timer. Players are asked to follow all posted rules regarding rotating courts.
Indoor Open Play
Players interested in playing indoors should be aware of the following program details:
- A temperature check will be required to enter the facility and participate in the program.
- There will be sign-up sheets in the gym for court rotations.
- Face coverings are required indoors in Raleigh.
- You will be asked to complete a registration form and sign a waiver when you purchase the pass. Complete a registration form ahead of time for ease.
- Please bring exact change or a credit card to make payment. We may be unable to provide change. If exact change is not provided, we will place a credit on your account for future use.
- We ask for your patience as staff navigates the new registration system.
How much does open-play pickleball cost?
A four-month pass can be purchased for $10. Passes expire four months from the date of purchase and can be used to enter any available session. A single session pass will cost $2. Nets and pickleballs are provided. A limited number of paddles are available at each site for participants to borrow.
What is the open-play pickleball schedule?
For a schedule of indoor pickleball play opportunities, visit RecLink and keyword search "pickleball."
What are the rules of open-play pickleball?
Please read the Pickleball Open Play Guidelines.
Where is open-play pickleball offered?
- Brier Creek Community Center
- Green Road Community Center
- Lake Lynn Community Center
- Laurel Hills Community Center
- Method Road Community Center
- Optimist Community Center
- John Chavis Memorial Park Center
- Worthdale Community Center
- Lions Park Community Center
How can I stay up to date on pickleball?
Sign up to receive pickleball updates to your email inbox with MyRaleigh subscriptions.