Outdoor Courts Indoor Open Play
Pickleball is a fun sport that combines many elements of tennis, badminton, and ping-pong. Pickleball can be played both indoors or outdoors on a badminton-sized court using a slightly modified tennis net. It is played as doubles or singles with a paddle and a plastic ball with holes. The sport has many physical and social benefits.
These courts are open from dusk until 10 p.m. with lighting on timer. Players are asked to follow all posted rules regarding rotating courts.
Please note: The outdoor pickleball courts at Method Road Park will be closed temporarily for resurfacing. Work is expected to begin on Monday, September 27, 2021 and should be completed no later than November 13, 2021. This schedule may change due to unforeseen conditions and weather delays. Any updates will be posted here.
Indoor Open Play
Effective June 1, 2021, Raleigh Parks will resume indoor open play pickleball as outlined below.
Players interested in playing indoors should be aware of the following program details:
- A temperature check will be required to enter the facility and participate in the program.
- There will be sign-up sheets in the gym for court rotations.
- Masks are encouraged when players are indoors and unable to maintain physical distancing from persons who are not a part of their household.
- You will be asked to complete a registration form and sign a waiver when you purchase the pass. Complete a registration form ahead of time for ease.
- Please bring exact change or a credit card to make payment. We may be unable to provide change. If exact change is not provided, we will place a credit on your account for future use.
- We ask for your patience as staff navigate the new registration system.
How much does open play pickleball cost?
A four-month pass can be purchased for $10. Passes expire 4 months from the date of purchase and can be used to enter any available session. A single session pass will cost $2. Nets and pickleballs are provided. A limited number of paddles are available at each site for participants to borrow.
What is the open play pickleball schedule?
For a schedule of indoor pickleball play opportunities, visit RecLink and keyword search "pickleball".
What are the rules of open play pickleball?
Please read the Pickleball Open Play Guidelines.
Where is open play pickleball offered?
- Brier Creek Community Center
- Green Road Community Center
- Lake Lynn Community Center
- Laurel Hills Community Center
- Method Road Community Center
- Optimist Community Center
- John Chavis Center
- Worthdale Community Center
- Lions Park Community Center
How can I stay up to date on pickleball?
Sign up to receive pickleball updates to your email inbox with MyRaleigh subscriptions.