Locations How to Participate General Rules Code of Conduct
Raleigh Parks offers open play times for participants to play sports in our indoor facilities. Sports vary by location and may include basketball, volleyball, futsal, table tennis, or cricket. Participants may reach out to the individual centers to learn more about the opportunities at that location.
|Community Center||Address||Open Play Schedule|
|Abbotts Creek||9950 Durant Road, Raleigh, NC 27614||Schedule|
|Barwell Road||5857 Barwell Park Drive, Raleigh, NC 27610||Schedule|
|Biltmore Hills||2615 Fitzgerald Dr, Raleigh, NC 27610||Schedule|
|Brier Creek||10810 Globe Rd, Raleigh, NC 27617||Schedule|
|Carolina Pines||2305 Lake Wheeler Rd, Raleigh, NC 27603||Schedule|
|Green Road||4201 Green Rd, Raleigh, NC 27604||Schedule|
|Halifax||1023 Halifax St, Raleigh, NC 27604||Schedule|
|Jaycee||2405 Wade Ave, Raleigh, NC 27607||Schedule|
|John Chavis Memorial Park||505 Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd, Raleigh, NC 27601||Schedule|
|Lake Lynn||7921 Ray Rd, Raleigh, NC 27613||Schedule|
|Laurel Hills||3808 Edwards Mill Rd, Raleigh, NC 27612||Schedule|
|Lions Park||516 Dennis Ave, Raleigh, NC 27604||Schedule|
|Marsh Creek||3050 N. New Hope Rd, Raleigh, NC 27604||Schedule|
|Method Road||514 Method Road, Raleigh, NC 27607||Schedule|
|Millbrook Exchange||1905 Spring Forest Rd, Raleigh, NC 27615||Schedule|
|Optimist||5900 Whittier Dr, Raleigh, NC 27609||Schedule|
|Roberts Park||1300 E. Martin St, Raleigh, NC 27610||Schedule|
|Tarboro Road||121 North Tarboro Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610||Schedule|
|Worthdale||1001 Cooper Rd, Raleigh, NC 27610||Schedule|
How to Participate
- Obtain a Youth Open Play Pass (ages 17 and younger) or Adult Open Play Pass (18 and older) based on their age.
- Youth Open Play Passes are available to register for free online using RecLink or at a community center. Adult Open Play passes are available to register for at a community center. A photo is taken as a part of the Open Play Pass.
- Open Play Passes are good for a calendar year.
- Open Play Passes are valid at all sites during the scheduled times.
- All participants are required to check in with staff prior to participating in Open Play.
- Participants must follow community center rules and Open Play Code of Conduct.
- Staff is not responsible for lost or stolen items or any participant’s personal items.
- The use of equipment such as cones, agility ladders, garbage cans, chairs, etc., is prohibited.
- Private lessons, personal training, team practices, and group lessons are not permitted during open gym.
- No food or drink, except water, is allowed in the gyms.
- Appropriate gym attire will be required:
- Athletic apparel should be worn.
- Tennis shoes or sneakers are required. Shoes that leave scuff marks or cleats are not permitted.
- Shirts must be worn outside the gym.
- Shorts must be worn properly.
- It is recommended that jewelry not be worn.
- Ask staff for sport-specific rules.
Code of Conduct
Open play should always include rotating new players in at reasonable intervals, being courteous, and making sure all get an opportunity to play. Depending on the size of participation, open play may be supervised, organized into teams, length of play, etc., by the community center staff. Open play participants that commit any of the following will face suspension from open play as well as Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources facilities in general.
- Dunking a basketball/hanging on the rim
- Use of profanity, profane gestures, or disruptive behavior
- Vandalism of Parks & Recreation property
- Possession and/or use of alcoholic beverages, controlled substances, and drug paraphernalia
- Public intoxication
- Possession and/or use of a weapon
- Assault and battery
- Verbally threatening staff or patrons
- Participating or allowing others to participate without following the check-in process
The above are general rules for suspension. These rules are not all-inclusive. Violation of these rules can lead to suspension from one day to an indefinite time period from all locations. Please see the community center staff for a more detailed explanation.