Utility Payment Plans for COVID-19 - Executive Order 124 and 142
Effective March 31, 2020 - July 29, 2020
Customers shall be provided the opportunity to make a reasonable payment plan to pay off over a six (6) month period any accumulated charges during the effective period1.
- No late fees shall be charged and no termination of service will occur during the duration of Executive Orders 124 and 142
- No late fees shall be charged and no termination of service will occur while a written and signed the payment plan is active and remains in good standing
- Customer will receive an initial Payment Plan Installment letter with details of all agreed upon dates and payment amounts
- Customer will receive a monthly email reminder for each payment plan installments
- Payment plans do NOT cover new monthly bills, charges, fees, etc. and all new bills are due and payable on or before the due date
- Payment plans will automatically cancel if payment installment AND/OR current bills are not paid on or before the due date(s)
- Customers will need to sign and agree to the terms and conditions
- Failure to accept a Payment Plan or to pay the balance due within (30) days of the expiration of Executive Order 142 will result in late fees and termination of service.
- Failure to make the scheduled payments for a Payment Plan will result in the Payment Plan being declared null and void and the customer will become subject to late fees and termination of service for the unpaid balance of charges incurred after the Plan ends.
- “No provision in this Executive Order shall be construed as relieving a customer of their obligation to pay bills for receipt of any service covered by this Executive Order.”
Customers who wish to have a COVID-19 Payment Plan created, must contact our customer service center at email@example.com or at 919-996-3245
A Frequently Asked Questions about these polices is available through this link: ExecutiveOrderFAQ
Specific information about Executive Order 142 is available through this link: EO142
NOTE1 Effective period-Subject to change based on the termination, extension or expiration date of the order