Changes are coming to Lake Wheeler Road.
The City is proposing improvements to Lake Wheeler Road from South Saunders Street to Maywood Avenue.
We plan to convert the current two-lane road with no pedestrian or bike facilities into a Complete Street, accommodating all modes of transportation and allowing bicyclists, pedestrians, transit users, vehicles, and emergency vehicles to navigate the street safely. We call this a Complete Street.
Improvements we are proposing include:
- Roundabouts - will help slow traffic and allow a smooth traffic flow along the roadway.
- Sidewalks, shared paths, and bike-only facilities - will allow better connectivity for all modes of transportation.
- Raised intersections along side streets - creating a safer experience for pedestrians at intersections.
- Transit improvements - to accommodate connectivity to the area.
- A raised median - will help slow traffic and reduce unsafe left-hand turn movements.
- Stormwater facilities - to help mitigate runoff.
View the design plans to see all the improvements we are proposing.
- Project Lead: