Any special event permitted by the Special Events Office that utilizes City streets, public plazas, and Dorothea Dix Park will require an alcohol permit if the event involves the sale or consumption of alcohol in any capacity.
Alcohol permits are controlled and issued by the North Carolina Alcoholic Beverage Control (ABC) Commission. More information on ABC alcohol permit requirements can be found on the ABC website or by phone at 919-779-0700.
HOW TO APPLY
- Submit a Special Event Application to the Special Events Office
- Submit the $100 non-refundable application fee via phone, in person, or mail. Instructions for payment submittal are included on the Application Fee Payment Form.
- Submit the following resources to the Raleigh Police Department as a packet:
- Special One-Time Permit Application
- Diagram of ABC premises
- Current 501c3 Determination Status Letter
- Certified/Notarized Criminal Background Check
- Special Event Permit (issued once all requirements are completed with Special Events Office)
- Upon review of materials and pending approval, the Raleigh Police Department will stamp the Special One-Time Permit packet
- Submit packet to NC ABC Commission
- Submit $50 permit fee to NC ABC Commission