To help customers manage their utility bills during the COVID19 crisis and in accordance with Executive Order 142, customers shall be provided the opportunity to make a reasonable payment plan to pay off over a 12-month period any accumulated charges during the effective period. The following provisions apply to the COVID19 Payment Plans:
- No late fees shall be charged and no termination of service will occur while a written and signed the payment plan is active and remains in good standing
- Customer will receive an initial Payment Plan Installment letter with details of all agreed upon dates and payment amounts
- Customer will receive a monthly email reminder for each payment plan installments
- Payment plans do NOT cover new monthly bills, charges, fees, etc. and all new bills are due and payable on or before the due date
- Payment plans will automatically cancel if payment installment and/or current bills are not paid on or before the due date(s)
- Customers will need to sign and agree to the terms and conditions of the payment plan
- Failure to accept a payment plan or to pay the balance due by Aug. 30, 2020 will result in late fees and termination of service.
- Failure to make the scheduled payments for a payment plan will result in the payment plan being declared null and void and the customer will become subject to late fees and termination of service for the unpaid balance of charges incurred after the Plan ends.
- No provision in this Executive Order shall be construed as relieving a customer of their obligation to pay bills for receipt of any service covered by this Executive Order.”
Frequently asked questions about these polices