The purpose of the Oberlin Road Streetscape Project is to improve the street from Groveland Avenue to just north of Roberts Street, with wider sidewalks, revised traffic lanes, bus stops, and landscaping. Some public water and sanitary sewer mains will also be replaced or added.
The Oberlin Road Project is part of the Cameron Village & Hillsborough Street Small Area Plan that was approved by City Council in Feb. 2018. The plan highlights the need to better integrate pedestrian, bike, auto, and transit use into a well-landscaped and attractive streetscape that serves people of all abilities.
The proposed project includes:
- Installation of improved sidewalks;
- Improved pedestrian crossings;
- Extend sidewalks up Stafford Avenue, Everett Avenue and Bedford Avenue;
- Bike lanes;
- Street trees;
- Street lighting;
- Street benches and bike racks; and,
- Replace sections of old water and sanitary sewer mains.
- Project Lead:
Roadway Design & Construction