Delinquent Utility Accounts

Options to help manage your utility account

Jump To:

Payment Plans Available Utility Customer Assistance Program (UCAP)

Water and Sewer Bill Assistance:

Financial assistance for water bills is available through City and County programs: Utility Customer Assistance Programs

Payment Plans Available

Need more time making a utility payment?

You may qualify for a payment plan to help meet your monthly utility costs. For more information, please visit Web Self Service or email to apply and for further qualification information. You can also visit our website: Payment Plans or call 919-996-3245.

Utility Customer Assistance Program (UCAP)

The Utility Customer Assistance Program (UCAP) was established by the City of Raleigh to help economically distressed water and sewer utility customers manage their utility bills.

UCAP is administered in partnership with the Wake County Human Services Department, which provides eligibility screening services for the program.  To apply for assistance, customers must submit an application (application instructions) to Wake County Human Service via fax: 919-212-7085, email or mail: 220 Swinburne St. Raleigh, NC 27640. 

Qualified customers are eligible for up to $240 per fiscal year, and the assistance funds will be directly applied to their utility account. This assistance is only available to utility customers within the City of Raleigh, and the Towns of Garner and Rolesville until the funds are exhausted.

To learn more about UCAP and eligibility requirements, email a Customer Care representative or call 919-996-3245.

If you would like to contribute to UCAP, please visit the Project Share webpage to make a contribution. 



Customer Care & Billing
Web Self Service
Phone: 919-996-3245
Payments: 888-905-3169


Lead Department:
Service Categories:
Utility Service Requests and Payments

Related Events

  All events