Goal Watershed Plan Activities Current Studies Related Studies
These plans will help us make informed and strategic decisions about stormwater projects planned over the next several decades.
Priority projects include repairing and building sustainable stormwater infrastructure, like:
- Street and neighborhood stormwater culverts/pipes;
- Dam repairs and rehabilitations;
- Stream restorations; and,
- Lake and wetland preservation.
Planning ahead allows us to keep residents safe and informed on projects that reduce flooding and improve water quality. All projects are prioritized based on need, severity, and funding.
Watershed Plan Activities
Depending on the needs of the watershed, plans can involve a number of activities, like:
Based on our investigations we are identify ways to improve the watershed by:
- reducing flooding impacts with upgraded stormwater pipes;
- Improving water quality; and,
- Repairing streambanks (or riparian area).
We've done 17 watershed studies over the years. If you are interested in learning more or getting a copy of a study, contact 919-996-3940 or RaleighStormwater@raleighnc.gov.
|Beaverdam||House Creek||Perry Creek||Turkey Creek|
|Big Branch||Laurel Hills||Pigeon House||Walnut Creek|
|Bushy Branch||Little Bear Creek||Richland Creek|
|Crabtree Creek||Marsh Creek||Simmons Branch|
|Hare Snipe Creek||Mine Creek||Sycamore Creek|