Submit a Stormwater Device Inspection Report

Jump To:

What You'll Need Smaller Sites Timeframe Property Managers Forms

Stormwater devices are typically added to new development during construction to manage the stormwater runoff coming from the property.

After construction - you are required to get the devices inspected each year.

What You'll Need

Annual inspections are completed by a North Carolina professional engineer, landscape architect, or land surveyor. They make sure that the device is maintained and functioning properly. 

The inspection should include: 

  • Identifying and coordinating repairs; 
  • Filling out Form-501 and including it in the report (signed and sealed); 
  • Showing that your device(s) is functioning; and, 
  • Supporting photos/documents.

Make sure you complete this checklist before submitting your report. 

Do you need a licensed professional to help with maintenance and the inspections? View these recommendations from the Stormwater Inspection & Maintenance Program.

Smaller Sites

If your property was built under the text change for smaller site development - complete Form-502 for your inspection. A North Carolina professional engineer, landscape architect, or land surveyor does not need to complete the form. 


Once an as-built certification is accepted for the device - you must submit an annual inspection report to the City of Raleigh every year going forward. The report is due by the anniversary date of the as-built acceptance.

Property Managers

Join the City for an information session about stormwater device requirements. You'll also learn about common maintenance needs for a device on your property. More details are available by email.



Stormwater Device Inspections

Lead Department:
Engineering Services
Service Categories:



Related Events

  All events