Frequently Called Numbers

Contact information for some of the most common questions across various departments and services.

Applications for EmploymentView current applications
About application process
Building Permits, Inspections, and Zoning
Planning and Development Customer Service Center brings uniformity and efficiency for plan review and permitting.919-996-2500
Customer Request Form
Citizen Service Request (SeeClickFix)
App and interactive map for public to report issues like potholes, graffiti, water, signal, sign repair, etc.  
Claims (Injury or Property Damage)If you have been involved in an incident and/or accident which resulted in bodily injury or property damage and wish to file a claim against the City of Raleigh, a City of Raleigh Claim Form must be completed and submitted.


Customer Care or BillingCustomer Care and Billing is part of the City of Raleigh's Public Utilities Department, and services approximately 183,000 customers in Raleigh, Garner, Knightdale, Rolesville, Wake Forest, Wendell and Zebulon919-996-3245 or 888-905-3169 (make payments)
Discolored Drinking Water
Report brown, cloudy, bad smelling or tasting drinking water.919-996-2870
Drainage ComplaintsStreet drainage, private property and water and sewer emergencies. 

Street drainage: Storm Drainage Problems Form or call 919-996-6446
Private property: or call 919-996-3940
Water/sewer emergencies, 919-996-3245
Graffiti Report graffiti919-996-6446
Graffiti Report Form

Missed Garbage Collection, Recycling, Yard Waste Pickup


Contact the Solid Waste Services Support Center or fill out Missed Collection Form919-996-3245
Missing or Damaged Street Signs
Neighborhood Traffic Management
For issues regarding speed humps, stop signs, speed limit reductions, etc.919-996-4066
PoliceAlways call 911 in the case of an emergency. The Raleigh police information desk does not have specific information on Wake County court dates/traffic violations/district attorney questions. The number to call is 919-755-4117Emergency 911
Non-emergency 919-831-6311 or 919-996-3335
Internal Affairs 919-996-3155
Potholes, Damaged Streets, General Maintenance Problems
Report damaged streets, potholes and other general street maintenance problems on City right of way. View map of City streets.919-996-6446
To report a pothole, please complete our Pothole Repair Request Form.
Public NuisancesFor issues regarding overgrown grass, trash or abandoned vehicles on private property,etc.General, 919-996-2444
abandoned cars on city streets,919-831-6311 or 919-996-3335
Public Records Requests
Public records requests can be made through our online form.919-996-3100

Sidewalk Repairs
Submit a report 919-996-6446 or email
Streetlight RepairReport a malfunction or request an evaluationRequests /evaluations, 919-996-4045
Progress Energy 800-419-6356, Press option 3
Duke Energy 800-474-6300
Wake Electric Membership Corp 800-777-9898
Traffic Signal Malfunction
Water Conservation Violations or Information
 Check current status, alerts, and
Water or Sewer Emergencies
 919-996-3245 (24/7)
Website Support

For technical issues related to the website please email James Alberque

For content-related issues like broken links, typos, missing information, etc, please email Pete Weber


Content, General:

Who to Call for Everything ElseCan't find what you are looking for? Call or email Communications Call 919-996-3000
919-996-3107 (TDD)