General Information Submittal Requirements
Zoning permits are issued to anyone who wishes to sell goods or services on private property via a mobile retail vehicle. A different process is available for those wishing to operate a food truck. The City will begin accepting applications for mobile retail on December 2, 2019.
Read the final text change document that provides more detail on the mobile retail ordinance (TC-5B-18).
- Temporary mobile retail is only allowed in the following zoning districts: OX, OP, NX, CX, DX, and IX
- Temporary mobile retail must fall into the commercial use category (Section 6.1.4) of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
- The mobile retail vehicle must be located in a parking area
- Mobile retail is limited to ten events per calendar year per location
- Events can be one or two consecutive days long
The following information is required to obtain a zoning permit for mobile retail:
- Mobile Retail Application
- Permit fee
- Site plan, to include:
- general location of mobile retail vehicle
- existing structures
- all off-street parking
- traffic circulation
- sign location
- distances from property lines and other structures.
Please note all temporary mobile retail events need to meet the requirements of Sections 6.8.2, 10.2.13, and 11.4.1 of the UDO.