Pushcart Vending

Pushcart vending is the selling, serving, or giving away of food and/or beverages to the public from a mobile vending unit on City sidewalks. Use of such public right-of-ways requires a Private Use of Public Spaces permit. All vendors are required to have additional permitting from Wake County Environmental Services.

How to Apply

  1. Read about pushcart vendor requirements in our hospitality planning guide.
  2. First-time applicants should contact the Office of Emergency Management and Special Events Office to learn how to apply.
  3. Complete the Pushcart Vendor Application. Submission includes uploading the following requirements:




Lead Department:
Emergency Management and Special Events
Service Categories:
Hospitality Permits