man walking dog through parklet downtown

Hospitality Programs

The City has standards and procedures for approving private use of public spaces (PUPS) in downtown Raleigh in places like sidewalks for outdoor seating, pushcart vending, and more. We work with you to create an active, accessible, and vibrant urban environment. 

Other PUPS permits are managed by Planning and Development: minor encroachments, a-frame signs, exterior lighting/overhead signs, awnings and facade rehab.




Raleigh Municipal Building
222 W. Hargett Street
Suite 307
Raleigh, NC 27601