The Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program is a federally-funded program intended to provide contracting opportunities to small businesses owned and controlled by socially- and economically-disadvantaged individuals.
GoRaleigh has submitted documents to the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) that specify policies that GoRaleigh has developed for the administration of the program and overall agency goal. The overall agency goal is updated on a triennial basis.
GoRaleigh Transit shall not discriminate in any manner on the basis of race, color, sex, or national origin, and shall take all reasonable steps to ensure that certified Disadvantaged Business Enterprises have the maximum opportunity to participate in the performance of contracts financed, in whole or in part, with financial assistance from the United States Department of Transportation (DOT), acting through such agencies as the FTA. GoRaleigh Transit shall implement this DBE Program in accordance with 49 CFR Part 26 of the Code of Federal Regulations entitled “Participation by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises in Department of Transportation Programs.”
The objectives of GoRaleigh Transit’s DBE Program are:
- To ensure nondiscrimination in the award and administration of DOT-assisted contracts;
- To ensure that the DBE program is narrowly tailored in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws;
- To ensure that only firms fully meeting the eligibility requirements of the DBE program are permitted to participate;
- To help create a level playing field on which DBE can fairly compete for DOT-assisted contracts;
- To help remove barriers to the participation of DBE in DOT-assisted contracts;
- To help and assist in the development of firms that can compete successfully in the marketplace outside of the DBE program; and
- To provide appropriate flexibility to establish and provide DBE opportunities to participate in DOT-assisted contracts in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
These objectives will be implemented through GoRaleigh Transit’s DBE Program utilizing race-neutral measures to the maximum extent feasible.
Small business concerns interested in participating in federally-funded contracts with GoRaleigh Transit under the DBE Program must be certified as a DBE through Utilization Goals for Disadvantaged Minority & Woman-Owned Programs, the certifying agency for the state of North Carolina. Businesses interested in becoming certified as a DBE must complete and submit an application to their office. Once approved, DBE firms are listed on the North Carolina Unified Certification Program’s DBE directory.
If you need assistance or have questions regarding the application process, please contact:
Senior Transit Planner and DBELO Officer, GoRaleigh Transit
P.O. Box 590
Raleigh, North Carolina 27602