General Information Temporary Event Information How to Apply Fees Monitoring Your Project
A temporary use permit is intended to allow for the short-term placement of activities, many of which would be not allowed on a permanent basis. The following regulations govern temporary uses.
The following links are for temporary uses other than a temporary event:
Temporary Event Information
The regulations for a temporary event can be found in Unified Development Ordinance (UDO) Section 6.8.
- Signs associated with a permitted temporary event shall be a maximum size of 64 square feet in area allocated to no more than 5 signs.
- All outdoor activities shall be discontinued by 11 p.m. when located closer than 500 feet to a residential use or a congregate care facility.
- No unauthorized encroachments on public rights-of-way are allowed.
- The temporary even must comply with all applicable floodplain policies.
How to Apply
- See Development Fee Guide for current permit fee. Permit fees are due when permits are issued.
Monitoring Your Project
The Permit and Development Portal is a great way to manage your project activity online. Once you have registered an account, you are able to view your project workflow, pay fees, or schedule inspections.