General Information Submittal Requirements
Zoning permits are issued to anyone who wishes to sell goods or services on private property via a mobile retail vehicle. A different process is available for those wishing to operate a food truck.
- Temporary mobile retail is only allowed in the following zoning districts: OX, OP, NX, CX, DX, and IX
- Temporary mobile retail must fall into the commercial use category (Section 6.1.4) of the Unified Development Ordinance (UDO)
- The mobile retail vehicle must be located in a parking area
- Mobile retail is limited to ten events per calendar year per location
- Events can be one or two consecutive days long
The following information is required to obtain a zoning permit for mobile retail:
- Mobile Retail Application
- Permit fee
- Site plan, to include:
- general location of mobile retail vehicle
- existing structures
- all off-street parking
- traffic circulation
- sign location
- distances from property lines and other structures.
Please note all temporary mobile retail events need to meet the requirements of Sections 6.8.2, 10.2.13, and 11.4.1 of the UDO.