Important Process Information Submittal Requirements Other Required Documents Revisions to Approved Plans Helpful Resources
The processes below may have changed due to COVID-19. Please visit our Planning and Development information page for the most up to date processes and procedures.
Site Permit Review (SPR) is the combined submittal and review process that allows a development project to obtain all site approvals. Staff review plans for compliance related to stormwater, public utilities, transportation, fire, urban forestry, planning and zoning regulations.
If you are seeking a land disturbance permit to clear and grade land, but don't wish to establish a use or install infrastructure, the Mass Grading process may be an option for you.
Tier One Site Plans may be subject to Site Permit Review if there is 12,000 square feet or more in land disturbance activity, an increase in the impervious surface area resulting in stormwater treatment, or public utility improvements.
Important Process Information
IMPORTANT NOTE: Receipt of the approved signature set of plans does not authorize any work on-site or on infrastructure. Work may only begin upon permit issuance only after the following occurs:
- Contractor information must be provided for all permits.
- All administrative items (sureties, payments, TCA fence inspection, fees paid, etc.) are satisfied.
- Holds are removed (if applicable).
Please submit the following information:
- Digital copy of plans in PDF format (CD or thumb drive)
- Non-residential permit application
- Project data sheet (placed on cover sheet)
- Site plan review checklist
- Traffic Control and Pedestrian Plan (TCPED) Notes (placed on cover sheet)
- Financial responsibility ownership form
- Signature block (must be located on lower right corner of all plan sheets, with the exception of recorded maps)
- Public improvement quantities table
Other Required Documents
Depending on the scope of your project, the following documents may be required:
- Building Code Summary Sheet (for proposed retaining walls five feet or more)
- FEMA Flood Elevation Certificate
- FEMA Floodproofing Certificate
- Foundation Certification Statement Sample
- Hazardous Materials Summary
- Lowest Floor Elevation Certification
- Off-site recorded easements
- Public Gravity Sewer Application
- Public Sewer Pump Station and Force Main Application
- Public Water Application and Engineers Report
- Standard Detail Drawings
Revisions to Approved Plans
Modifications to an Approved Site Plan
In order to revise an approved site plan a Minor or Major Site Plan Modification review and approval must be obtained.
Site Permit Review revision instructions:
- Revised plan sheets should be inserted into the full set (containing all originally approved sheets), preceding the associated approved sheets.
- Attach revision table to front cover sheet.
- Original sheets being replaced by revisions must be marked “VOID” and watermarked by a large X across the entire sheet.
- All revision sheet changes must be clouded and dated
- The plan set must have a new cover sheet included with each revision.
- Requires a blank signature stamp for new staff signatures and updated Revision Table.
- Revised sheets must be labeled and physically tabbed by the applicant.
- Only one signature set revision will be accepted for plan review at a time.
- A new case number will be issued for each SPR
- All signature set revisions must include the latest approved version of every sheet, including revised sheets from previous revisions.
- Payment of Site Plan Review fee.
Tree Protection Details
Street Design Manual
Public Utilities Handbook