Outreach and Education Field Services Case Management Intervention and Investigation
The mission of the ACORNS team is to connect with individuals in crisis and provide them with the resources needed to meet their individual goals.
The team accomplishes this through:
- Outreach, education, case management, on-call field services, investigation and intervention.
- Referrals and calls for service are responded to by a social worker and officer.
- Utilizes a “care and safety first, enforcement last” approach.
Outreach and Education
- Meets people where they are and responds to crises with patience and understanding.
- Serves as a branch between individuals, business owners, faith-based organizations, the criminal justice system, and other community partners to develop long-lasting partnerships and grow a system of communal support for individuals in need.
- Educates individuals, agencies, law enforcement officers, and community partners on the lived experiences of individuals impacted by homelessness, living with mental illness, and/or living with substance use disorders, and the
challenges they face.
- Provides field services for individuals requesting services or experiencing crises.
- Providing non-emergency transportation for individuals working with the ACORNS Team
- Responds to referrals for service
- Utilize a “care and safety first, enforcement last” approach
- Are responded to with kindness, compassion, equity, cultural competency.
- Assists individuals and families with finding available services from community partners.
- Helps individuals and families identify their needs and goals in order to create individualized care plans.
- Maintains communication with individuals and community partners to discuss progress and evaluate care plans.
- Meets with community partners to discuss how to best meet the needs of individuals receiving services in our community.
Intervention and Investigation
Collaborates with agencies and community partners to assist individuals in need to provide intervention and investigation services.
Services include, but are not limited to, reunification with family members, strategies to reduce recidivism, and assistance transitioning to long term stability.