Information Programs Amenities Site Rentals Shelters Courts Playgrounds
- Year 1956 | Acres 800 (650 acres of lake; 150 acres of park and land buffer)
- Waterfront Operations Status
- Subscribe to Lakes Newsletter
- Constructed in 1956 with the aid of the Army Corps of Engineers, Lake Wheeler once served as Raleigh's secondary auxiliary water supply lake.
- Beginning in 2010, Lake Wheeler was reinstated as a primary water supply for Raleigh and surrounding Wake County communities and feeds water to the Dempsey Benton Water Treatment Plant.