Nature preserves provide habitat for both common and rare plants and animals, they preserve our natural areas, and they provide opportunities to observe and learn about wildlife and natural communities.
Thank you for your interest in renting our facility at Durant Nature Preserve. Please carefully review the following rules and regulations and call our preserve office if you have any questions. We hope you and your guests enjoy the peaceful beauty of Durant during your rental.
This is an overview of the Campbell Lodge Rules and Regulations. You will receive the complete Rules and Regulations document with your contract and your other rental documents.
We do not hold dates without a rental contract. To continue the rental process, call the Durant Nature Preserve office at 919-996-2271 or visit reclink.raleighnc.gov. Prior to your call, please determine the hours of your rental (including setup, decorating, tear down and cleaning). We accept rentals up to one year in advance of the date.
Rules and Regulations
- Your rental times must include the time it takes to set up your event and the time it takes to clean up your event after the event is over. If you would like to rent time for set up the day before your event that can be arranged, but any hours that you would like access to the lodge must be indicated in your contract.
- No decorations shall be attached to walls, ceilings, or floors without the permission of the Preserve Manager. No decorations may be attached to the rafters at any time.
- Use of confetti, balloons, candles, and torches or any open flame is prohibited (exception: chafing dish/sterno type fuel)
- Music of any kind outside the lodge is prohibited. Music inside the lodge must be kept at a reasonable level to minimize sound pollution in the preserve.
- White wine, champagne and beer are permitted when an alcohol permit has been completed and written permission has been granted. No liquor or liqueur is allowed.
- The facility must be cleaned and vacated at the end of the rental period. Renters assume all responsibility for cleaning the premises of all decorations, food, equipment, etc. immediately following the event. All rental equipment including dance floors must be picked up by the end of the rental period. All trash must be bagged and disposed of in the trash receptacle provided on-site.
- You as the renter must comply with all applicable guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and other federal, state, and local public health agencies to minimize the spread and exposure of the COVID-19 virus. Rental group size must comply with the City of Raleigh’s established mass gathering limits at the date and time of the rental.
Facility Rental Rates
- Complete payment due within one week of receiving your booking confirmation.
- $15 nonrefundable application fee
- $250 refundable damage fee
- For City of Raleigh Residents:
- $180 per hour rental rate for hours between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- $200 per hour rental rate for hours between 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- For non-City of Raleigh Residents:
- $250 per hour rental rate for hours between 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- $270 per hour rental rate for hours between 6 p.m. – 11 p.m.
- If you would like to serve alcohol.
- Beer, white wine and sparkling white wine only
- $100 nonrefundable alcohol permit (must be approved by City of Raleigh)
- If attendance is over 150 people, you must hire an off-duty police officer to be present while alcohol is being served ($50 per hour with a 3-hour minimum)
- Fire capacity is 200 people – Group size restrictions may apply due to COVID-19
- 200 folding chairs (18.5in by 20in and 33in tall) (light gray plastic with metal legs)
- 30 rectangular folding tables (6ft by 2.5ft and 29in tall) (light gray plastic with metal legs)
- 6 round folding tables (71in wide and 29in tall) (light gray plastic with metal legs)
- 93 car parking spaces, 4 handicapped
- Large warming kitchen with prep areas, walk-in cooler, and standard stove
- Great room is approximately 40 feet by 80 feet with a ceiling that is 25 feet tall