How to Search for Bids Bid Submission Process Register as a Supplier
Construction companies, contractors, suppliers, vendors and all interested parties can apply for bidding opportunities for City of Raleigh projects and services.
How to Search for Bids
- Go to the North Carolina electronic Vendor Portal
- Select “Browse Solicitations”
- Expand the “Filters” drop down
- Under Department select “City of Raleigh”
- Scroll down to see all City of Raleigh bid opportunities
Please note you have the ability to search using the “Category” option. Here you can find bid opportunities across the state listed by service type. Examples include: Construction Services, Design Services, Cleaning and Equipment Supplies…)
Bid Submission Process
When a solicitation is posted to North Carolina electronic Vendor Portal, an e-mail notification is automatically sent to each supplier that is registered in IPS for that category. Please note that Adobe Acrobat Reader is needed to view bid documents.
Bidders are responsible for:
- Checking the North Carolina electronic Vendor Portal to obtain all solicitations documents for goods and services and addenda that may be issued to those solicitations. Only notification summaries for Construction bids are also posted to IPS.
- Contacting the Bid Agent listed on IPS or within the solicitation document with any questions or clarifications.
- Contacting the City Department for the complete Construction Bid documents. The City is not responsible for direct distribution of solicitation documents and addenda posted on the website to all bidders who wish to submit a proposal.
- Some solicitations may require you to attend a pre-bid conference or other qualifying event. Please make sure to attend when required.
Refer to the IPS Supplier Reference Guide for more information.
If you have any questions or issues using the IPS website, contact the City of Raleigh Procurement Division at 919-996-3240.
Register as a Supplier
If you are awarded a contract or purchase order from a solicitation, you must first register your company as a supplier through the Raleigh Supplier Connection self-service portal.
Prequalification for Construction
In compliance with G.S. 143-135.8, on December 2, 2014, the City Council adopted the City of Raleigh Policy for Prequalification of Bidders for Construction Projects.
All Public notices for Request for Prequalification are posted on IPS.
Pursuant to the General Statutes of the State of North Carolina and City of Raleigh policy, bids and proposals are invited and will be received by the City of Raleigh until the public bid or proposal deadline date and time specified. The posting on IPS serves as a public notice of advertisement for Bids, RFPs, and RFQs. Solicitation documents and specifications can be downloaded directly from IPS or, if for Construction, can be obtained from the bid agent for that listing during regular office hours.
Per North Carolina General Statute 87-15, prospective bidders for construction contracts must be properly licensed.
The City of Raleigh is an equal opportunity agency and invites small and minority contractors to bid. The City Council or its delegate reserves the right to reject any or all bids or proposals.
Minority and Women Business Enterprise (MWBE) Policy
In accordance with North Carolina law, the City of Raleigh encourages and provides an equal opportunity for Certified Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprises (MWBE) to participate in all aspects of the City’s contracting and procurement programs.
The City has an aspirational goal of 15% of the total contract amount to be performed by MWBE businesses in contracts awarded by the City for: (i) construction and building projects of $300,000 or more; and (ii) construction and building projects of $100,000 or more that have any state funding.
If there are any questions, contact the MWBE Program Manager, at PO Box 590 Raleigh, NC 27602, firstname.lastname@example.org, or 919-996-5740.