Upcoming Conference Past Conference Directions Parking
Thanks to our participants and to the City of Raleigh's Connected Communications Conference partners N.C. State University, the Town of Cary, N.C. and RIoT. for another successful event.
Couldn't Attend? Watch the 2021 presentations here
Raleigh Television Network: 2021 Connected Communities Conference
When: Save the date coming soon for 2022
Where: Raleigh Convention Center
Free to attend and open to the public
The one-day conference is packed with tech know-how and offers an opportunity for networking with peers.
Speakers and panelists will discuss digital inclusion; transportation and mobility; pandemic response using data and technology; Smart City accomplishments; artificial intelligence; future technologies; connectivity; and Internet of Things as well as building smarter and more connected communities.
Leave with great connections and actionable takeaways to help drive your connected community forward.
Conference Agenda from 2021
8:30 a.m. Doors Open
9:00-9:15 a.m. Welcome Remarks
- Mary-Ann Baldwin, Mayor, City of Raleigh; Kevin Howell, Vice Chancellor for External Affairs, Partnerships and Economic Development, NC State University; and Sindhu Menon, CIO, City of Raleigh
9:15-10:00 a.m. Artificial Intelligence
- Rob Silverberg- DELL Technologies
10:00-10:15 a.m. Pandemic Response Using Data and Tech
- JP Kenney- IntelliSite
10:15-10:45 a.m. Connectivity and IoT
- John Cowan- EDJX
10:45-11:00 a.m. BREAK
11:00-11:15 a.m. MITRE Corporation
- Mike Robinson, Department Chief Engineer for Operations Performance,The MITRE Corporation
11:25-11:45- Smart City Accomplishments
- Jim Alberque, GIS and Emerging Technology Manager, City of Raleigh, Information Technology; Chad Foley, Enterprise Senior Application Developer, City of Raleigh, Information Technology Department; and Ismail Guvenc, Professor at the Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering at NC State University
12:40-1:00 p.m. Transportation and Mobility
- David Spenser, Traffic Engineering Supervisor, Town of Cary
1:00- 1:45 p.m. Advanced Mobility in Connected Communities
- Todd Spain, The Collective; Dr. Ginn, WakeMed; Kathy Salamati, SAS; Brett Slone, LifeScale; and Frank Mundy, Stewart Engineering
1:45-2:00 p.m. BREAK
2:00 -2:45 p.m. Digital Inclusion Panel
- Aydin Atasoy, Digital Connector, City of Raleigh; Cari DelMariani, Kramden Institute; Yvette Holmes, CEO, Southeast Raleigh Promise; Linda Graham Jones, Community Enrichment Administrator, City of Raleigh; and Bradley Upchurch, Digital Inclusion Manager, City of Raleigh
2:45-3:30 p.m. A CIO Discussion, Building Smarter More Connected Communities
- Moderator for CIO panel: Dr. Sarah Glova, CEO of Reify Media; Sindhu Menon, CIO, City of Raleigh; and Jim Weaver, Secretary & State Chief Information Officer, NCDIT
3:30-4:00 p.m. Future Technologies
4:00-4:10 p.m. Closing Remarks
Connected Communities Conference Registration
The 2019 Triangle Smart Cities Summit was on Oct. 16, with city, industry, business and academic leaders. Presentations in 2019 ranged from digital inclusion to artificial intelligence, maps and transportation.
The event will be held at the Raleigh Convention Center, at 500 S. Salisbury St., Raleigh, NC
- From points west: 1-40 East to exit 298B South Saunders Street
- From points east: 64/264 to I-440 East; merge onto I-40 West and exit at 298B South Saunders Street
- From points south: US-1 North to I-40 East; exit at 298B South Saunders Street
- From points north: US-1 South into the city; left on Lenoir Street
GoTriangle provides public transportation throughout the Triangle region; view routes and schedules.
Several public parking decks are located near the Raleigh Convention Center. The closest deck is the Performing Arts Parking Deck.
Accessible parking: First-level of each garage and near elevators on upper levels (varies by deck). See more information on ADA accessibility at the convention center.
Check out the downtown Raleigh interactive parking map
Drivers can download the City’s Passport Parking app and securely pay for metered parking using a debit or a credit card.