In order to rent a home, apartment, townhome, or condominium you’ll need to sign a lease, submit a deposit and you may need to request a repair or report an issue.
The Tenant’s Rights Handbook will give you general information about your rights and obligations in Raleigh. This information is not a substitute for legal advice, because each person’s specific situation is unique.
View information for:
- Renting a Unit (Signing a lease, deposits, fees, and city housing codes)
- How to Ask Landlord for Repairs and Maintenance
- Evictions and Foreclosures
- How to Report an Issue and Additional Resources (Housing discrimination, code violations, and legal aid)
- City-Owned Rental Properties and Affordable Rental Housing