Emergency Contacts and FAQ

Jump To:

City Contacts State and County Contacts Non-City Utilities (Cable, Internet, Phone, and Electric) Municipalities Outside Raleigh Emergency FAQ

For Emergencies, Dial 911

Raleigh-Wake Emergency Communications Center (Non-Emergencies): 919-829-1911

Wake County Emergency Management: 919-856-6480

Keep up to date on the most current events in the city, including emergency information, by following the City of Raleigh on Twitter or Facebook.

City Contacts

Below is contact information for various City departments that could be useful in the event of an emergency.  A full list of departments can be found here.

Name Contact
GoRaleigh Transit 919-485-7433
Development Services 919-996-2495
Emergency Communications (Non-Emergencies) 919-829-1911
Emergencies 911
Fire (Non-Emergencies) 919-996-6115
Police (Non-Emergencies) 919-996-3335
Police (Vehicle accidents involving property damage) Report Online
Communications 919-996-3100
Raleigh Water (Sewer overflow or water main break) 919-996-3245
Streets Maintenance and Repairs 919-996-6446
Stormwater Drainage 919-996-3940
Tree Related Issues 919-996-4115

State and County Contacts

Below is contact information for local State and County partner agencies. 

Name Contact
State Government  
State Government Information 919-733-1110
Road Conditions - NCDOT
Stay up-to-date on Twitter
511 (Information Line)
NC Emergency Management 919-825-2500
Wake County  
Animal Center 919-212-7387
County Manager's Office 919-856-6160
Government Information 919-856-6160
Emergency Communications (Non-Emergencies) 919-829-1911
Emergency Management 919-856-6480 | 919-856-6340
Emergency Medical Services 919-856-6020
Local Emergency Planning Committee 919-856-6480
Public Schools 919-431-7400
Sheriff's Office 919-856-6900

Non-City Utilities (Cable, Internet, Phone, and Electric)

While the City of Raleigh is not responsible for Cable, Internet, Telephone or Electric, below is contact information for such providers if you are experiencing an outage.

Name Contact
Duke Energy Progress Report your outage by texting OUT to 57801, Report online, or call 800-419-6356
Wake Electric 919-863-6499 | 800-743-3155
AT&T 800-288-2020
DIRECTV 800-531-5000
Frontier 800-921-8101
Spectrum 833-267-6094
AT&T 800-288-2020
Spectrum 833-267-6094

Municipalities Outside Raleigh

Below is contact information for other municipalities within Wake County.  

Town Phone
Apex 919-249-3400
Cary 919-469-4001
Durham 919-560-1200
Fuquay-Varina 919-552-3178
Garner 919-772-4688
Holly Springs 919-552-6221
Knightdale 919-217-2200
Morrisville 919-463-6200
Rolesville 919-556-3506
Wake Forest 919-435-9400
Wendell 919-365-4450
Zebulon 919-269-7455

Emergency FAQ

Who do I call to ask about GoRaleigh routes and services?
Questions about routes and schedules may be answered by calling GoRaleigh Transit at 919-485-7433 or visiting https://goraleigh.org/.

How do I find out whether local businesses are closed?
Tune into local news outlets or visit their websites such as www.wral.com.

Who do I call about reporting downed power lines or a transformer fire?
Call 911.

Who do I call about an interruption in my cable, internet, phone, or electric services?
Contact your service provider referenced above.

A neighbor’s tree fell in my yard, what do I do?
It is your responsibility, not your neighbor’s, for any damage on private property. Call your homeowners insurance company for guidance.

A City tree fell in my yard. What do I do?
It is the homeowner’s responsibility for any damage on private property. The City of Raleigh is not responsible for any damage that is not on City property and will not cut down and/or remove trees on private property. Contact your homeowners insurance company for guidance.

Who will pick up storm debris?
Solid Waste Services crews will work normal schedules and service all areas that are passable and safe. Yard waste crews will collect only normal yard waste material - not storm debris. All yard waste storm debris should be piled separately at your curbside and will be collected by a contractor. A City contractor will work in the areas affected by the storms to collect storm debris.

Where should storm debris be placed?
Do NOT place storm debris in the street or gutter. Keep debris away from overhanging tree limbs, low utility wires, hydrants, mailboxes, trees or other structures that might hinder collection.

What should I do with construction material or yard waste left from a storm?
The City will NOT collect construction material, and will collect only normal yard waste - not storm debris.  Do NOT mix any construction material with yard debris. Do NOT put yard waste or construction debris in garbage carts. Raleigh residents, businesses and contractors may take yard waste debris directly to the City’s Yard Waste Recycling Center.



Satwana Hurdle
Assistant Director, Emergency Management 
Raleigh Fire Department


Lead Department:
Service Categories:
Emergency Management