Biking Paddling Programs Newsletter
The goal of the Outdoor Recreation Program is to provide engaging instructional opportunities in a wide range of outdoor adventure activities. Our programs and opportunities serve the community in the following ways:
- Providing enjoyable adventure experiences that embrace experiential learning
- Creating an atmosphere where group experiences foster a sense of team
- Providing instructional foundations in a wide range of outdoor activities
- Focusing on safety issues and manage inherent risks associated with outdoor recreation activities
- Providing and promoting opportunities for environmental appreciation and stewardship
The Outdoor Recreation Program offers classes, clinics, and trips throughout the City and the Triangle. You can register for any outdoor recreation program online using RecLink, in person at any staffed facility, or by calling the Outdoor Recreation office at 919-996-6855.
Are you interested in learning how to ride or just looking to ride with a group of other mountain bikers? Come join us at Forest Ridge Park for one or more of our mountain biking programs.
Kayak Pool Sessions
Join us on Friday evenings at Optimist Pool for kayak pool sessions! Sessions are open to all levels of boaters, whether you’re working on your roll, practicing new skills, or just wanting to try out the sport.
For the 2021–22 season, we are back to starting at 5 p.m., with no pre-registration required. Please pay at the front desk.
Please note that sessions may be canceled due to staffing issues. Please call ahead to Optimist Pool at 919-996-2790.