Forest Ridge Park is open daily from 7 a.m. to 8 p.m. Park gates will close promptly at 8 p.m.; please plan your visit accordingly.
- Get up-to-date information on what Forest Ridge has to offer by visiting us at the Welcome Center.
- Check out our loaner equipment including explorer and art backpacks.
Forest Ridge Park offers a variety of outdoor and adventure recreation programs that focus on fitness, and nature education!
Nature and Art Loaner Equipment
Use one of our Explorer Backpacks for children with binoculars, compass, and bug viewing boxes. Art Backpacks for adults with sketch pads, pencils, and other drawing tools are also available for free.
All loaner equipment is on a first come first serve basis. Backpacks can be checked out for free at the Welcome Center.
Fishing is allowed during park hours, check out our loaner fishing equipment free of charge. Plan for your trip; bank fishing areas are subject to environmental conditions, infrastructure is minimal, and bait is not available at park office.
- Bank fishing is available in designated areas
- Fishing is subject to State fishing regulations
Questions? Call the Park Office for up to date conditions.
Adjacent to the picnic shelters, our playgrounds feature adventure elements for ages 5-12. Multi-element design for both young and older youth.
- Features include zip line, slides, swings, climbing elements with rubber surfacing.
The garden is designed for pollinators and wildlife food sources and habitat. It was installed in winter 2017. It is focused on native plant species and selected for deer resistance and is part of the North Carolina Wildlife Federation (NCWF) Wildlife Habitat and North Carolina Butterfly Highway. Created and maintained by volunteers: Neuse River Hawks.
Forest Ridge Park has trails for anyone. Both paved and unpaved trails available. Check out the newly designed single track mountain bike trail.
Single Track trails may close due to adverse weather and environmental conditions, typically after rain events. Please View Trail Status or contact the park office for trail conditions.
- 3 miles of single track mountain bike trails including both a 2-mile loop and a 1-mile loop.
- 1.25 miles of unpaved multi-use trails
- 4 miles of natural surfaced hiking trails
- Paved Trails
Disc Golf Course
Our seasonal disc golf course is currently closed.
Why does the course close seasonally? Closing the course allows time for the trees and plants to repair and grow without sustaining impacts from discs and foot traffic. This helps maintain a healthy and sustainable course and ecosystem. Thank you for assisting us in keeping this course sustainable.
Enjoy the seasonal 9-hole disc golf course when open mid-October through mid-March during regular park hours. The first tee box is located just south of the main parking lot. Please follow all course guidelines to ensure the enjoyment and sustainability of the course. Loaner discs are available at the park office.
Request your rental online using RecLink or by reaching out to the facility.
Take note: Requests will be subject to staff approval. Upon approval, payment will be required to confirm the reservation. Your reservation is not finalized until you receive confirmation of your payment.
- Reserve this space for your next meeting, party, or gathering.
- Tables, chairs, and kitchenette provided.
- Capacity: 47 people
- Audio/visual (AV,) wifi, and setup options available; additional fees may apply
- $65/hr with a 2-hour minimum
- Use our picnic shelters for your next gathering. Shelters are first come first serve. However, if you would like to reserve a shelter for your next party, contact the Welcome Center office.
- View all Forest Ridge Park site rental information
- Request your rental online using RecLink or by reaching out to the facility.
- Take note: Requests will be subject to staff approval. Upon approval, payment will be required to confirm the reservation. Your reservation is not finalized until you receive confirmation of your payment.
Open to the public on a first-come basis unless reserved in advance. Reservations can be made by contacting the park office at 919-996-5800
- Capacity: 96 people
- 2 grills
- 16 tables
- Rental Fee: $15 per hour with a two hour minimum
Open to the public on a first-come basis unless reserved in advance. Reservations can be made by contacting the park office at 919-996-5800.
- Capacity: 72 people
- 2 grills
- 12 tables
- Rental Fee: $15 per hour with a two-hour minimum