Summer Camp Brochure Update to Walk-In Registration How do I register for summer camp? Registration Tips and Tricks How to choose a camp Parent Meetings Inclusion Services Need Help?
Are you ready for summer camp? Online registration for 2020 Summer Camp is open!
Summer Camp Brochure
Welcome to Raleigh Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department’s 2020 summer camps. All camp offerings are included in this booklet to assist in summer planning. Raleigh Parks strives to offer diverse, goal-oriented, affordable, and enjoyable opportunities for youth of all ages and abilities. Age eligibility for each camp is determined by age as of Aug. 31, 2020. Please see each individual camp’s description for additional age requirements or limitation information. Please call the camp supervisor for age and program-related questions.
Update to Walk-In Registration
Raleigh Parks has temporarily closed all facilities effective March 17, 2020, through at least April 15, 2020. Walk-in registration scheduled for March 30 will now be available by phone (919) 996-4800 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration will be available beginning March 30, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
Please contact the Recreation Business Office at 919-996-4800 if you have any questions.
How do I register for summer camp?
Prepare for Online Registration
- Prepare for registration by browsing the 2020 Summer Camp brochure.
- Take a look at our options and decide which camps work best for your family. See "How to choose a camp" below for more information.
- Be sure you know what camp locations you would like so you know what day(s) to register.
- Be sure to look for other camp options in case your first choice camp is full.
- See our Location Schedule to determine your day for registration.
|Monday, March 2||Tuesday, March 3||Wednesday, March 4||Thursday, March 5||Friday, March 6|
Abbotts Creek Community Center
Mordecai Historic Park
Saint Monica Teen Center
Sgt. Courtney T. Johnson
Thomas Crowder Woodland Center
Walnut Creek Wetland Center
Non-City Owned Sites
Abbotts Creek Elementary
Leesville Road Middle
If you have registered for any program or camp, you already have an account. Before beginning the registration process, log in to your account. Go to RecLink, select Login, enter your Login ID and PIN. If you are unsure, select Forgot Login ID or PIN. If you do not have an email address associated with your account, contact RecLink Support, 919-996-2153, to obtain your Login and PIN. Be sure your account information is accurate.
Go to RecLink and select Create New Account.
Registration Tips and Tricks
When it’s time to register
- Be sure you know the location of your camp.
- On your camp registration day(s), Login to Reclink by visiting parks.raleighnc.gov and select Register on Reclink.
- Login in RecLink before beginning the Summer Camp registration process.
- After you have successfully logged in, browse and select camps to add to your cart.
- Select Go to Checkout to proceed with the registration process. You will receive your receipt and any additional required forms by email.
With many people excited to register campers, you may experience slower than usual processing times.
- If you add an item to your cart, leave it in the cart and allow the transaction to be completed.
- Do not close your browser or log out until registration is complete.
- Once registration is complete, please log out of the system.
How to choose a camp
Step 1: Choose the proper age category.
- Preschool – Typically for ages 3-5
- Youth – Typically for ages 6-12
- Teen – Typically for ages 12-17
Step 2: Choose the type of camp.
- Traditional Summer Camps – provide campers with an experience incorporating a wide variety of activities that may include games, songs, and arts/crafts.
- Specialty Summer Camps – provide campers with activities centered around a particular theme or focus.
- Specialized Recreation Summer Camps – are specifically designed for individuals with developmental disabilities
Step 3: Read the camp description for your top choices.
Be sure to look for activities your camper will enjoy.
- Does the camp require special skills?
- Is the camp mostly indoors or outdoors?
- Does the camp require a lot of physical activity or walking?
- Does the camp include field trips or swimming?
- Is the camp location convenient for you?
- Do the camp hours accommodate your schedule?
Step 4: Visit the camp location to ensure that you and your camper are comfortable.
Camp Parent Meetings are a great place for you to have the opportunity to meet the staff who will be working with your camper this summer and to obtain important information about the camp’s operations. Please plan to attend the parent meeting(s) for your camper’s summer camps. If you are unable to attend the meeting, please use the contact information provided with the camp to obtain information that will be distributed at the meeting.
Inclusion Services supports access to typical programs by offering reasonable and appropriate resources to participants with disabilities or medical conditions who register for those programs. Resources may include but are not limited to: gathering participant-specific information from parent/guardian/service provider; providing supportive materials; providing program or site-specific training; and/or providing additional staffing for the program. Participants who indicate a disability or medical condition AND request an accommodation will be contacted by Inclusion Services for follow-up. Additional forms may be requested for Inclusion Services to better understand the participant’s needs. Participants who indicate a disability or medical condition and do NOT request an accommodation will NOT be contacted by Inclusion Services. Participants requiring a more intensive level of support may consider having their own personal assistant attend the program. (Assistants, volunteers, therapists, or other providers are required to complete a background check and information forms before attending the program). To ensure that adequate resources are in place for the participant, registration should be received at least two weeks prior to the start date of the program. Please contact Inclusion Services at 919-996-2147 for more information or to request an accommodation.
Recreation Business Office
RecLink Account Information