Site Features & Hours Volunteering Membership Artifacts Virtual Tour
The Borden Building and Fred Fletcher Amphitheater are located in Fred Fletcher Park. The building and the amphitheater can be rented for weddings, parties, small conferences, bridal portraits, meetings, and other special events.
Site Features & Hours
The Borden Building is a non-staffed facility. If you are interested in renting the Borden Building or the Amphitheater and would like a tour of the facility please contact the Rental Manager at 919-996-4363.
- Indoor and outdoor rental space
- Camp in the summer
- Downstairs is handicap accessible
- Volunteer opportunities
- On site parking
As a member you will help revitalize and preserve North Carolina's history. You will also enjoy cross program perks at the City of Raleigh Museum, The Raleigh Trolley, Mordecai Historic Park, Borden, Tucker, and Pope House Museum.
There are many perks:
- Free admission to select site and museum events
- Free admission for select tours
- Free admission to select lectures
- Free admission to Mordecai Historic Park
- Free admission to City of Raleigh Museum
- 10 percent gift shop discount at Mordecai and City Museum
- 10 percent discount on all site rentals
- The Raleigh Register Program Newsletter
The collection at the Borden Building consists of antiques purchased by the Parks, Recreation and Cultural Resources Department when the structure underwent renovation in 1992, and other pieces donated to the site over the years. Some portraits and photos hanging at Borden feature Fred Fletcher for whom the home was named and children who grew up at the Methodist Home for Children.