Over the past few years, the City’s Communications Department has launched a new City brand, 12 sub brands and a new external website, along with streamlining social media and completing several other key projects. The work has been recognized across the state and country with several awards.
- 2022 National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC) Blue Pencil and Gold Screen Awards - Award of Excellence, Digital - Website
- 2021 Granicus Digital Government Award - City/County Website of the Year category
- 2021 3CMA Savvy awards Silver Circle Award - Digital Interactive - Overall Website (population 44,000 and Up) category
- 2020 Webby Awards honoree
- 2020 Communicator Award
- 2022 National Association of Government Communicators (NAGC) Blue Pencil and Gold Screen Awards - first place, Graphics - Brand Identity
- 2021 3CMA Savvy Awards - Award of Excellence - Marketing and Tools - Branding (81,000 and Up) category
- 2021 N.C. City & County Communicators (NC3C) Excellence in Communications Award, second place - Branding/logo category
- 2021 N.C. Association of Government Information Officers (NCAIGO) - first place, Graphics category
- 2021 N.C. Association of Government Information Officers (NCAGIO) - third place, Writing ("Wired Wednesdays" piece on Digital Connectors)
- 2021 N.C. City & County Communicators (NC3C) “Roots of Hope: Rediscovering the Legacy John Hunter,” second place in the video awards category “Special Programming”
Accurate information, when and where you want it.
We are always working to make City news and information easier to access, find and share. Our goal is to reach you when and where you prefer - whether it’s on social media, through email, at an event or on the website.
The Communications Department strives to continue to bring quality communications to all audiences.