Before You Start What You'll Need Review Turnaround Time for Development Projects Fees
As a homeowner, you may one day find yourself building an addition or accessory structure to your home.
Accessory structures include but are not limited to:
- Garages and carports;
- Storage sheds and gazebos;
- Greenhouses; or,
- Pool houses.
Additions include but are not limited to:
- Adding new space on an existing structure;
- Adding to the footprint;
- Adding a second floor;
- Enclosing a garage;
- Attached mother-in-law suites;
- Sunrooms; or,
What You'll Need
Applications and additional documentation must be submitted via email to DowntownDS@raleighnc.gov.
|Required for Submittal||
Plans must be drawn to architectural scale and submitted with the permit application. The Addition + Accessory Structures Checklist is a helpful guide for this submittal process.
|Required for Some Projects||
Note: When the seal of a design professional is required, the seal must include a dated, wet signature of the design professional.
Review Turnaround Time for Development Projects
- Fees must be paid prior to permit issuance. See Development Fee Schedule for specific fees
- Payments can be made online via a registered account in the Permit and Development Portal. They can also be paid in-person at either customer service location.