Pullen Arts Center has a new chalk mural by teaching artist Joanna Moody!
Located at our first floor entrance, the chalk mural wall provides invited artists with a blank canvas to create a new artworks on the wall every two to three months. This mural will be on display through October 31.
Plan Your Visit
- When: July 1 - October 31, 2023
- Location: Pullen Arts Center, 105 Pullen Rd., Raleigh, NC 27607
- Parking: Visitors must have a parking permit between 7 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Check in at Pullen Arts Center’s front desk for a license plate-based parking permit. View our parking map
- Cost: Free and open to public
- Monday-Thursday, 9 a.m. - 10 p.m.
- Friday, Closed
- Saturday & Sunday, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
About the Artist
Joanna Moody is a teaching artist who lives in Garner, NC, and works at nearby Pullen Art Center in Raleigh. With a Visual Arts degree in Collage Mixed Media from UNC Asheville, her focus has recently turned more towards an exploration of printmaking and new ways to merge these interests. An early gravitation toward figurative narratives has yielded to more abstracted imagery with inspiration often found in familiar daily observations. She uses her art making process to explore her intuitions, challenge her assumptions and better understand the limits of her materials. Joanna enjoys teaching as an opportunity to introduce new techniques to students and watch them engage their natural creative decision making to encourage play, thoughtfully.