Stormwater projects are prioritized based on the following qualifications:
- Located within City of Raleigh limits;
- Convey or carry stormwater runoff from public streets;
- In line with the City’s strategic and comprehensive plans; and,
- Stormwater utility fees must be paid to be eligible for Raleigh Rainwater Rewards projects.
A project also must meet the following goals:
- Address public safety and health;
- Reduce flood hazards;
- Meet stormwater regulations;
- Improve water quality;
- Benefit local watersheds and stormwater assets;
- Gain community support;
- Generate opportunities to improve the stormwater drainage system; and,
- Indirectly benefit the community.