- After an event - wash your truck away from storm drains so soapy water and other cooking debris don’t wash into our waterways;
- Never dump grease into the storm drain; and
- Never dump grease in a sink -- it’ll clog the pipes.
Looking to operate a food truck? Visit wakegov.com for more details on getting a permit through the county.
View City zoning requirements for food trucks.
- Use a grease receptacle at your food service facility to dispose of the cooking fats, oils, and grease.
- Regularly service your grease receptacle -- have it professionally emptied to prevent overflows and unexpected cleanup costs.
Never dump fats, oils, and grease from your food truck into a storm drain -- that greasy mess from cooking goes right into our streams and creeks! It’s harmful to the environment and it’s illegal, too.
Learn what else can cause water pollution.