The Police Administrative Services Division personnel provide a host of services and functions that support police headquarters, the six police districts and the public.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Records receives all incident reports and ensures that they are maintained in accordance with state laws.
- Information Services administers the computer-aided dispatching system, records management system, departmental computers, and the mobile computer terminal network.
- Personnel Recruitment is responsible for the police officer recruitment and hiring process, along with other duties.
- Training personnel coordinate all basic and in-service training.
- The Evidence Unit receives and securely stores all found property and evidence.
- Property maintains accountability over departmental fixed assets, and acquires, transfers, and disposes of departmental property according to policy.
- The Court Liaison coordinates the interactions between the Wake County District Attorney's Office and the department.
- The Service Center places new vehicles in service, administers refueling, performs vehicle checks and make certain vehicle repairs.