The Downtown North-South Greenway Connector Project is a priority item in the 2016 BikeRaleigh plan and will serve as a key bicycle link between Glenwood South to the Warehouse District as well as two future greenways. It will be considered an ‘urban greenway'.
Providing dedicated bike lanes like a cycle track allows people to turn to biking as a safe, reliable, and healthy way to commute, and is a key solution for handling increased traffic and parking concerns.
- Pedestrians: Increase buffer from car traffic
- Businesses: Convenient connection from downtown to warehouse district
- Drivers: Less negotiation around bicyclists; fewer cars on the road
- Cyclists: Safe road riding NOT in traffic
- Community: promotes physical activity
Bicycle and Pedestrian
- Project Lead:
City of Raleigh Department of Transportation