Worthdale Park to Walnut Creek Wetland Park Walnut Creek Wetland Park to Centennial Campus Centennial Campus to Lake Johnson
- Provides connections with the Centennial Bikeway Connector, Rocky Branch Trail, Little Rock Trail, and the Neuse River Trail.
- The Walnut Creek Trail provides a range of landscapes and environments to experience, from natural, to urban, to residential.
- The eastern section of the Walnut Creek Trail is designated as part of the East Coast Greenway Trail (ECG). The ECG is a long distance nationwide trail that winds its way between Canada and Key West, linking all of the major cities of the eastern seaboard.
Worthdale Park to Walnut Creek Wetland Park
- Heading west from Worthdale Park, the trail continues on the sidewalk of Little John Road, then across Rose Lane.
- Connections to Apollo Heights Park, Walnut Creek Wetland Park, and Little Rock Trail
Walnut Creek Wetland Park to Centennial Campus
- The trail follows Wilmington Street north, crosses the street at a pedestrian crossing, follows a section of Rocky Branch, and then follows Fayetteville Street south to Eliza Pool Park.
- Connects to Eliza Pool Park, to the Farmer’s Market at Centennial Bikeway Connector, to the NC State Centennial Campus, and to Lake Raleigh
Centennial Campus to Lake Johnson
Trail connects with sidewalk at Avent Ferry Road. Trail continues on sidewalk to Trailwood Drive. Trail continues south on Trailwood Drive (no sidewalk) for approximately 400 feet before resuming as the traditional asphalt trail along Walnut Creek.
- Trail connects to Lake Johnson Loop, and connects to the Lake Johnson Nature Preserve area