The City of Raleigh is accepting applications for the Homeowner Rehabilitation Program from October 16 to November 3. This program offers a forgivable loan of up to $90,000 to help finance the cost of major repairs to homes.
This program is designed to help homeowners address needed home repairs for issues that present a threat to the life, safety, or health of the occupants. Repair types include leaking roofs, faulty plumbing, electrical or heating systems, broken windows, flooring, and more.
To qualify for this program, you must:
- Currently own and occupy the home to be rehabilitated
- Continue to occupy the home as your primary residence after the work is complete
- Have owned the home for at least five years
- Be 62 years or older OR have a disability
- Have a household income that does not exceed the income limits below
|Income Limit||Family of 1||Family of 2||Family of 3||Family of 4||Family of 5||Family of 6||Family of 7||Family of 8|
The property must:
- Be located within the City limits of Raleigh
- Be a single-family detached home, townhome, or condominium unit
- Have three or more severely deteriorated systems
- Have a property value of $371,000 or less
How to Apply
Submit your application before Nov. 2! You can apply via our online portal or a paper application.
How to use the online portal (see the user guide for more detailed instructions):
- Visit the City of Raleigh Participant Portal
- Register your email to create an account
- Follow the steps in the portal to submit your application
If you prefer to use a paper application, it can be downloaded below:
- Homeowner Rehab Application (Word Document)
- Homeowner Rehab Application (PDF)
- Homeowner Rehab Checklist (PDF)
You can pick up an application packet at Chavis Community Center, 505 Martin Luther King Jr Blvd. or Housing & Neighborhoods Office, 421 Fayetteville St, Suite 1200.
Drop off or mail your application to Housing & Neighborhoods, 421 Fayetteville St, Suite 1200, Raleigh, NC 27601.