Thanks to everyone who participated in the Budget Priorities Survey for FY2024. Information gathered by the Budget and Management Services Department was presented to City Council at the City Budget Work Session. The Budget and Management Services Department used this information to help create a budget that represents the preferences and priorities of the Raleigh community.
In addition to the survey, Budget and Management Services hosted two virtual and two in-person focus groups at Green Road Community Center and Tarboro Road Community Center. Here is what we learned.
Services people are most satisfied with:
- Providing quality City entertainment venues;
- Making it easy to pay bills and fees; and,
- Providing a well-maintained utility infrastructure (water, sewer, stormwater).
Services people of Raleigh think are most important:
- Providing a well-maintained utility infrastructure (water, sewer, stormwater);
- Maintaining City streets; and,
- Responding to community needs (fire, police, 911).
The full engagement report is now available. The FY2024 Budget Public Hearing is scheduled for June 6.