Final Reminder: Annual Wellness Assessment Ends Monday, July 31 Annual Wellness Assessment Program 2023 Online Health Risk Assessment and Nicotine Agreement Biometric Screening City-Offered Event Option AWA Communication Contact
Final Reminder: Annual Wellness Assessment Ends Monday, July 31
There is still time to complete the Annual Wellness Assessment, but you must complete all three components* listed below by July 31, 2023, to be eligible for the 2024 health insurance premium discount of up to $100 per month.
- Biometric Screening
- Online Health Risk Assessment (HRA)
- Online Nicotine-Free Agreement (included in the HRA)
The online HRA and biometric screening forms are accessible in the Virgin Pulse (VP) portal.
*Required for employees and spouses covered by City health insurance.
Verify Completion on your Virgin Pulse Portal
If you have completed all three steps and want to make sure you are compliant, once you are on the Virgin Pulse site, look for the Rewards dropdown on the top right of the page. Choose the option, "Go to Rewards Page." Here you will see if you have completed all the steps to be compliant.
Last Minute Screening Options
While no additional onsite biometric screenings are available, you still have two options to complete your screening, either with your primary care physician or with Avance Care (more information below). Remember, with either option, you must have the provider complete the biometric screening form from your Virgin Pulse portal, and you will be responsible for uploading the form to your Virgin Pulse portal by July 31. If you need to create an account to access the form visit join.virginpulse.com/Wellnessforlife.
Primary Care Biometric Screening Option
- Visit your primary care physician to complete your annual physical and have them complete the biometric screening form
- If you already completed a physical between Aug. 1, 2023, and July 31, 2023, have your primary care physician complete the biometric screening form
Avance Care Biometric Screening Option
Walk in for this service between 9 a.m. and 6:30 p.m. at Avance Care Midtown Clinic on 3801 Wake Forest Road, Suite 110 in Raleigh. You must bring your BCBSNC health insurance card and biometric screening form from your Virgin Pulse portal on the date of your visit. The appointment cost is $35 and can be paid using your healthcare flexible spending account, if applicable. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
Annual Wellness Assessment Program 2023
The 2023 Annual Wellness Assessment (AWA) program runs from Jan. 1 until July 31, 2023.
This is an opportunity for City of Raleigh employees, retirees, and their covered spouses to participate and become eligible for a health insurance premium discount and gain valuable information about your health.
The AWA program consists of three components:
- Online health risk assessment (HRA) questionnaire;
- Online nicotine-free agreement; and
- Biometric screening.
Employees, retirees (if applicable; please see below) and their covered spouses (if applicable) are individually required to complete all three AWA components to be eligible for the health insurance premium discount beginning Jan. 1, 2024
Retirees and retiree spouses enrolled in Medical Plan A must individually complete all three components of the program to be considered AWA-compliant. Retirees and retiree spouses enrolled in Medical Plan B are not required to participate in the AWA, however, they are encouraged to do so for health awareness or if they are planning on switching to Medical Plan A during the fall open enrollment period.
The deadline to complete your components is July 31, 2023.
Online Health Risk Assessment and Nicotine Agreement
- Online health risk assessment; and,
- Online nicotine-free agreement or tobacco free "journey"
Create a Virgin Pulse platform account. If you are already a member, click “Sign In” at the top right corner of the webpage. You will use the account to complete the online health risk assessment questionnaire and online nicotine-free agreement, or tobacco-free “journey” offered by Virgin Pulse through the platform. Eligible spouses will need to complete these steps through their individual accounts.
Note: If you recently retired from the City and used a City email address for your Virgin Pulse account, you will need to call Virgin Pulse support at 888-671-9395 to reset your account in order to get access.
NOTE: It is recommended that you complete both components 1 and 2 before attending a scheduled biometric screening appointment.
Primary Care Provider Option:
If you choose to have your screening done by your primary care provider (PCP), print out the Biometric Screening Verified form located on the “Benefits” page of your Virgin Pulse account. Your healthcare provider must complete the entire form. All biometrics must be performed with your PCP between Aug. 1, 2022, and July 31, 2023, to receive credit for participation. You are responsible for submitting the completed and signed (by you and your health care provider) form to Virgin Pulse using one of the following:
- Preferred method: Online portal to upload and submit your form (before this, you must scan the completed form and save to your files).
- Fax: 401-735-5853
- Your primary care provider cannot fax the biometric form on your behalf. It is highly recommended that you keep a copy of your fax receipt for your records.
Read the step-by-step instructions on how to submit your biometric screening form.
Don’t have a primary care provider? Find an in-network provider by logging in to your Blue Connect portal. To learn more about selecting a provider, read Blue Cross Blue Shield's Selecting a Primary Care Provider Frequently Asked Questions.
City-Offered Event Option
City-offered health screening appointments have now closed. This is a check-in on important health indicators such as blood pressure and cholesterol. The City is scheduled to provide on-site biometric screenings between March 15 and June 8, 2023.
Here’s how we are communicating with employees and retirees about the 2023 Annual Wellness Assessment program:
- Mailing to all employee and retiree home addresses: Look for your information packet from the City’s Human Resources Department with step-by-step instructions on how to be AWA-compliant. Recipients will receive their packets early spring.
- Quarterly enrollment and engagement email reminders from Virgin Pulse: These emails will only go out to members who are not enrolled already or engaged in the platform to participate in the AWA and wellness programs.
- Automated text messages and emails from the Human Resources Department: These are planned to go out to all active and retired employees enrolled in the City’s health plan with reminders about completing the AWA process to realize savings in health care premiums.
Human Resources is partnering with Virgin Pulse to administer the AWA program. You can contact Virgin Pulse customer support at 888-671-9395. You can also access a representative through Live Chat or email@example.com once you log in to your account. You can also call the City of Raleigh Human Resources at 919-996-3315 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.