Project Scope Completed Study Timeline Stay Connected
As part of Raleigh’s Strategic Plan, Raleigh hired Miller3 Consulting to look at the MWBE Program and to determine if there were any exclusionary practices in the solicitation and award of contracts to minority, women‐owned, and disadvantaged business enterprises (MWBEs). The objective of the Disparity Study was to:
- Determine the effectiveness and efficiency of the current Minority and Women-Owned Business Enterprise (“MWBE”) Program
- Provide recommendations on any programmatic changes or resource needs
- Provide the City with current legal guidance relative to new legislation, policies, and procedures to meet any constitutional mandates
- Garner programmatic remedies to address any identified underutilization of MWBE businesses
- Reducing or eliminating identified barriers that adversely impact MWBE participation in City projects
The Study was completed and adopted by City Council in April 2023. View the full City of Raleigh Disparity Study or explore the following related resources:
If you have questions or comments regarding the study, please contact the MWBE team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
|December 2021||Project Kickoff|
|December 2021-January 2022||
|February 2022||Data Collection
Consultant gathered data based on contracts and procurements that the City awarded during the study period as well as information about the vendors that participated in that work.
|Spring 2022||Race and Gender-Neutral Analysis
The project team conducted interviews with management, technical, and financial assistance programs to determine the effectiveness of race and gender-neutral programs in increasing MWBE participation in both public and private sector opportunities.
The City is committed to supporting Minority and Women-Owned businesses. Stay informed about funding, resources, upcoming events, and more by visiting the MWBE landing page and signing up for email updates.