Supportive Housing Residences

A zoning permit is required to operate a supportive housing residence in the City of Raleigh.

Jump To:

Submittal Requirements Fee Information

Supportive housing residences are dwelling units for more than four unrelated people who are battered individuals, abused children, pregnant women and their children, runaway children, persons with temporary or permanent disabilities (mental, emotional or physical) or individuals recovering from drug or alcohol abuse. This includes anyone with a disability protected by the Americans with Disabilities Act, 42 USC 12101 or N.C.G.S. Article 3, Chapter 168, as they may be amended, along with family members and support and supervisory personnel.

Submittal Requirements

Complete and submit the following documents to the Development Services Customer Service Center in One Exchange Plaza:

You may be asked to submit a scaled drawing, photo of parking spaces showing vehicles, and length/width of all parking spaces.

NOTE: Contact the Office of the Fire Marshal for fire inspection requirements related to supportive housing.

Fee Information

Most development-related fee information can be found in the Development Services fee schedule. Fees can be paid online via a registered account in the Permit and Development Portal, or in-person via the cashier in the Development Services Customer Service Center in One Exchange Plaza.

Lead Department:
Permits and Inspections
Service Categories:
Zoning Permits