Eligible Projects How To Request an After-Hours Inspection Next Steps
After-hours inspections are only for non-emergencies, and a contractor representative must be on site with job plans, a permit card, and list of areas needing inspection. Scheduling is based on the availability of Building and Safety division staff. A two-day notice is generally required for after-hours inspections.
Applicants must have a valid permit before scheduling an after-hours inspection, and all work must be complete and ready for inspection before scheduling.
- New construction;
- Interior completions;
- Change of use;
- Shell buildings; and,
- Single-family dwellings.
How To Request an After-Hours Inspection
- Complete the After-hours inspection form, and submit:
- In-person | One Exchange Plaza, 4th floor
- Via email | email@example.com
- Via e-fax | 919-996-1831
- Within two business days, we will reach out to you to confirm the date and time of your inspection. We will also inform you of any associated fees.
- Pay your fees prior to the inspection. Fees can be paid over the phone or in-person.
Fees: $75/hour for residential projects. $125/hour for commercial projects. Fees are refundable for inspections cancelled by 3 p.m.
Contact the supervisor of the specific trade an inspection is needed for to schedule:
|Leon Skinner||Chief Building Official||919-996-2455|
|Bryan Robinson||Building Trade Group Supervisor||919-996-2445||984-789-1173|
|Jay Daunoy||Electrical Trade Group Supervisor||919-996-2447||919-524-2178|
|Jerry Fraker||Plumbing Trade Group Supervisor||919-996-2448||919-268-0118|
|Dick Flowers||Mechanical Trade Group Supervisor||919-996-2449||919-278-6187|