Annual Wellness Assessment Program 2022 Online Health Risk Assessment and Nicotine Agreement Biometric Screening COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Form AWA Communication Contact
Annual Wellness Assessment Program 2022
COVID-19 NOTICE: To protect your health and the health of others, you must wear a face mask during the onsite biometric screening and vaccine clinic.
The 2022 Annual Wellness Assessment (AWA) program runs from Jan. 1 until July 31, 2022.
This is employees’, retirees’, and their covered spouses’ opportunity to participate and become eligible for a health insurance premium discount and gain valuable information about your health.
The AWA program consists of four components:
- Online nicotine-free agreement
- Online health risk assessment (HRA) questionnaire
- Biometric screening
- COVID-19 vaccination verification
Employees, retirees (if applicable; please see below) and their covered spouses (if applicable) are individually required to complete all four AWA components to be eligible for the health insurance premium discount beginning Jan. 1, 2023.
Retirees and retiree spouses enrolled in Medical Plan A must individually complete all four components of the program to be considered AWA-compliant. Retirees and retiree spouses enrolled in Medical Plan B are not required to participate in the AWA, however, they are encouraged to do so for health awareness or if they are planning on switching to Medical Plan A during the Fall Open Enrollment.
The deadline to complete your components is July 31, 2022.
Online Health Risk Assessment and Nicotine Agreement
1. Online health risk assessment and
2. Online nicotine-free agreement or tobacco free "journey"
Create a Virgin Pulse platform account. If you are already a member, click “Sign In” at the top right corner of the webpage. You will use the account to complete the online health risk assessment questionnaire and online nicotine-free agreement or tobacco-free “journey” offered by Virgin Pulse through the platform. Eligible spouses will need to complete these steps through their individual accounts.
NOTE: It is recommended that you complete both components 1 and 2 before attending a scheduled biometric screening appointment.
City-Offered Event Option:
Schedule your appointment for a biometric health screening. This is a check-in on important health indicators such as blood pressure and cholesterol. The City is scheduled to provide on-site biometric screenings between May 31 and June 30, 2022.
- You must make an appointment in order to attend one of the City’s on-site biometric screening session.
Primary Care Provider Option:
If you choose to have your screening done by your primary care provider (PCP), print out the Biometric Screening Verified form located on the “Benefits” page of your Virgin Pulse account. Your healthcare provider must complete the entire form. You are responsible for submitting the completed and signed (by you and your health care provider) form to Virgin Pulse using one of the following:
- Preferred method: Online portal using "Support" feature to upload and submit your form (before this, you must scan the completed form and save to your files).
- Fax: 401-735-5853
- Your primary care provider cannot fax the biometric form on your behalf. It is highly recommended that you keep a copy of your fax receipt for your records.
Click here for step-by-step instructions on how to submit your biometric screening form.
COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Form
The City of Raleigh requires retirees and covered spouses to be fully vaccinated from COVID-19 by July 31, 2022. Fully vaccinated means the retiree and covered spouse have individually received the second dose in a two-dose COVID-19 vaccine series (Pfizer or Moderna) or have received a single-dose COVID-19 vaccine (Johnson & Johnson) before the July 31, 2022 deadline. This requirement does not include the COVID-19 booster vaccine.
Retirees and covered spouses will submit their COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Form through the Survey123 portal.
The COVID-19 Vaccination Verification Forms will need to be individually submitted, by the retiree and covered spouse, by July 31, 2022 to be eligible for the health insurance premium discount. Click here for detailed instructions. For more information, please visit our COVID-19 FAQ.
COVID-19 Vaccine Clinics:
COVID-19 vaccine clinics will be offered at various City of Raleigh worksites beginning in April. The vaccine clinics will offer the COVID-19 single-dose, two-dose, and COVID-19 booster vaccines. However, the AWA does not require the COVID-19 booster vaccine to be eligible for health insurance premium discount. You may register for an appointment for the COVID-19 vaccine clinics by visiting https://wakemed.as.me/CORVaccineClinic.
Here’s how we are communicating with employees and retirees about the 2022 Annual Wellness Assessment program:
- Mailing to all employee and retiree home addresses: Look for your information packet from the City’s Human Resources Department with step-by-step instructions on how to be AWA-compliant. Recipients will receive their packets late spring.
- Quarterly enrollment and engagement email reminders from Virgin Pulse: These emails will only go out to members who are not enrolled already or engaged in the platform to participate in the AWA and wellness programs.
- Automated text messages and emails from the Human Resources Department: These are planned to go out to all active and retired employees enrolled in the City’s health plan with reminders about completing the AWA process to realize savings in health care premiums.
Human Resources is partnering with Virgin Pulse to administer the AWA program. You can contact Virgin Pulse customer support at 855-954-1861. You can also access a representative through Live Chat or email@example.com once you log in to your account. You can also call the City of Raleigh Human Resources at 919-996-3315.