Locations About Submit Your Book
Come read a book while enjoying a stroll through a Raleigh park!
A StoryWalk ® allows park visitors to read pages of a children's book, one page at a time, as they walk through the park. This is a great way to encourage reading while enjoying the outdoors!
- Moore Square - "Ruby Joins the Choir" by R.K. Barrett
- Carolina Pines - "Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type" by Doreen Cronin
- Lake Johnson Loop Trail (South Parking Lot: 5041 Avent Ferry Rd) - "All the Way to the Ocean" by Joel Harper (Please be aware that some of the signs are missing. We are working to replace them as soon as possible.)
The StoryWalk ® Project was created by Anne Ferguson of Montpelier, VT, and developed in collaboration with the Kellogg-Hubbard Library. StoryWalk ® is a registered service mark owned by Ms. Ferguson.
Submit Your Book
Are you interested in being a featured author?
If you are interested in having your book featured on a StoryWalk ®, please complete this interest form.
A few important things to know:
- Featured books will rotate quarterly to one of our local parks or community centers. Authors may not request a specific location.
- Requests to be features are not guaranteed and will be selected by a review committee.
- We cannot guarantee that story boards will not be damaged by weather or patrons, moved or removed, or other circumstances beyond our control.
- The City of Raleigh will create the storyboards, identify the park location, and promote the program.
- A featured author may be asked to provide a sample book for the review committee if the book is not available for review online. They will also be asked to provide 3 books in total that are required to complete the StoryWalk ® boards.