Features Saturday Tours Sunday Tours Private Historic Charter Tours Special Event Transportation Rentals Accessibility
The Historic Raleigh Trolleys are Raleigh’s only mobile park facility providing both historic charter tours and special event transportation. Styled after Raleigh’s original trolleys from the early 1900s, you can enjoy the trolleys to learn more about Raleigh’s history or to add a festive flair to your wedding, party, corporate event or other social activities’ transportation needs.
- 26-passenger capacity.
- Adults and children welcomed. Children should be accompanied by an adult.
- Trolleys are enclosed and heated and cooled for your comfort.
- Large windows provide clear views.
- Trolley drivers hold Commercial Driver’s Licenses for your safety.
- A handicapped accessibility lift is available on some trolleys. If this is needed for your group, please inform the rental personnel when booking.
- Trolley guides provided for historic tours.
- Bottled water is welcome. Please wait until after your trolley ride to enjoy other beverages or foods.
Join other Mordecai Historic Park visitors for a historic tour most Saturdays of the year on a first-come, first-served basis. To book, call 919-996-4364.
- Trolley tours are offered each Saturday in March through December, with the exceptions of Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
- Hour-long Saturday tours begin and end at Mordecai Historic Park at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m. Please arrive early to purchase or obtain tickets and meet the trolley on time.
- Bookings for each Saturday beginning on Tuesday of the week. Tickets may be purchased by phone or in person at the Mordecai Historic Park Visitor Center, 1101 Wake Forest Road, Raleigh, 27604. Pay by cash, credit card (American Express, Mastercard, or Visa) or by check to the City of Raleigh.
- Admission: $10 adults, $6 youth (7-17), and free for children (6 years and under).
Update: The Moore Square Sunday Trolley Tours are temporarily canceled. We expect to resume operation by the end of September 2021. Stay tuned for more information.
Enjoy a tour on the Historic Raleigh Trolley, now on Sundays from Moore Square!
On Sundays, tours will depart from the Moore Square Visitor Center, located at 226 E. Martin St. The Historic Raleigh Trolley Tours offers an hour-long enlightening excursion through historic downtown Raleigh. Tours will depart at 11 a.m., 12 p.m., 1 p.m., and 2 p.m.
Advanced reservations are available by phone. For additional information or to verify availability, please call 919-996-6486.
Private Historic Charter Tours
Take your friends on a trip through time to enjoy Raleigh’s rich history. Each Raleigh Private Charter Tour can accommodate up to 26 passengers and lasts approximately one hour. Private Charter Tours are booked as staff and trolleys are available, so please book at least 3-4 weeks in advance. To book contact Trolley Rental Manager, Vanessa Jeter at 919-996-4363.
- Fees: $200 per tour, $100 refundable damage deposit (refunded within 6 weeks of your tour) and a $15 application fee.
- The pick-up and drop off location is Mordecai Historic Park. Specialty pick-up and drop-off locations within Wake County accommodated for a $50 fee.
Private Charter Tours
- Raleigh Historic Tour: Enjoy a narrated tour of downtown Raleigh aboard the Historic Raleigh Trolley. The trolley goes by Mordecai Historic Park, Bicentennial Plaza, Joel Lane Museum House, State Government landmarks and the City Market.
- Black History in Raleigh: Celebrate Raleigh’s Black History on this special trolley tour highlighting the downtown area’s African American heritage. The tour route includes historic homes, schools, churches and businesses important to Raleigh’s African American heritage.
- LGBTQ History in Raleigh: This is Raleigh’s own “Pride Ride” celebrating the city’s LGBTQ history highlighting historic locations, neighborhoods, businesses, churches and other points of interest throughout the city as they pertain to Raleigh’s LGBTQ community.
- Jewish History in Raleigh: Take a journey on a Jewish History Trolley tour of the downtown area. This tour explores the buildings, sites and lives of those individuals who built the Raleigh Jewish community that continues to thrive today.
- The US Civil War and Raleigh’s Role: Take a trip back into time through Raleigh and the US Civil War. Early on a rainy April 13, 1865, morning, Raleigh surrendered to the advancing Union Army led by Gen. William Tecumseh Sherman. This tour visits historic structures still standing and sites that witnessed these dramatic events.
- Women’s History in Raleigh: Celebrate the influential women who shaped Raleigh’s history and explore their stories throughout Raleigh, from the women of Mordecai House to those who fought for equality during the Civil Rights movement.
Special Event Transportation Rentals
Seeking a unique “first look” photo for your wedding day? Need an easy and memorable way to transport wedding guests from their hotel to your big day? Hoping for a special way to celebrate a birthday or other milestone?
Add a festive and unique touch to transportation for your wedding, birthday party, corporate event or neighborhood activity with the Raleigh Trolley!
Identify any itinerary within Wake County and our expert drivers can take you there. They’ll even be happy to stop for photo opportunities at your favorite Raleigh landmarks. To book, contact Trolley Rental Manager, Vanessa Jeter at 919-996-4363.
- Fees: $100/hour (includes trolley and driver), $100 refundable damage deposit (allow up to six weeks for refund), and $15 application fee.
- Inclusive hours are from your initial pick-up point to final drop-off point.
Raleigh Parks strives to provide experiences accessible and welcoming for visitors, including those with disabilities. The Historic Raleigh Trolley regularly used for tours is accessible and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliant. Please confirm when you reserve your tickets or trolley via phone at 919-996-4364 so we can be sure to accommodate everything to your needs.