How Does It Work? Where is the Trail? More Options
Did you know that Lake Johnson has a Fitness Trail? This fitness trail is different than others. The QR Fit Trail is a series of signs along an approximate 1.5-mile trail. The signs have QR codes that link to different exercises videos at each sign. The video demonstrates the exercise you can do without any equipment. You can get outside enjoy the woods and get fit at the same time. You can choose your type of work out and your experience level to provide a customized experience. The videos change weekly so you can enjoy the QR fit trail year-round.
How Does It Work?
- Choose your exercise of choice from the options on the sign including: Upper Body, Core, Flexibility, and Lower Body.
- Use your smart phone and scan the QR code.
- Watch the Video on “How to” do the exercise.
- Join in on the exercise for the remainder of the video for either the number of reps or time provided.
- Walk or run to the next sign along the trail.
- Repeat Steps 1-5 for the rest of the trail.
Where is the Trail?
Park at the Woodland Center and look for the trailhead to the left of the building. The first sign is located behind the Lake Johnson Pool. From there follow the trail downhill toward the lake
If you would like to see QR Fit Trails at other parks across Raleigh let us know. Email us and let us know at PRContact@raleighnc.gov with QR FIT in the Subject line. We would love to hear from you!